Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ghost N Gobblins 5K- 2013

The busiest race I have ran so far! around 4,000 people registered for the Dayton, OH Ghost N Gobblins 5K. What an experience it was! A local group I am part of ran as a group.

Things I learned? Get to the starting point a bit early. For the first complete mile it was like trying to run though a club. We had started in the back (what can I say, I had to use the potties and the line was long!) and had a lot of walkers/slow runners to get past- in volumes.

I'm happy with how things went though. I know there will always be a bit of a crowd at a popular race, but I will applaud any race that has staggered starts ;)

I had already planned on taking it easy. Being 23.5 weeks pregnant and not used to running on cement OR in evenings- I knew I would be a little out of my realm.

I went to have fun- and you bet I did! And guess what? I didnt do so bad after all!


Official time was 37:01 min and my pace was 11:57 min- @ 23 weeks pregnant? I'll take it!!!! :D




Before race photo







After Race- with the Moms Run This Town Miamisburg, Ohio Group (I am pictured on the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment